Saturday, June 4, 2011

Why blog?


I started thinking about blogging about twelve months ago. You may say, “What took you so long?”

I was looking for a title and I was deciding on a topic. Note the title. There is a small bit of alliteration, (if only two word with the beginning sounds the same can be alliteration.)  And note the lack of formality. I intend for this to be rather informal and to touch on many topics. I love reading and I read many books blogs. Do I want to add to the many book blogs? No! I have other interests and none of them are all-consuming, though my husband might disagree during the school year when teaching and music are very time-consuming.

I like to write, and sharing with others (you are out there, I hope) is a good idea. After all, why hide all of one’s thoughts. Share them with the world, or at least one or two others who find their way here.
I’ll comment on books, music, education, language, nature, living in the Midwest  (USA) and anything else that catches my fancy. I’ll probably stay away from politics. I have friends across the political spectrum, but perhaps I’ll comment on religion, belief, worship and morality..
My husband wanted to know why?   A friend and colleague said to post often so she can keep track of me this summer. A friend who blogs from half way around the world says she is looking forward to reading, and my daughter says that this sounds like a fun summer project.

So here we go!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I get to be first! Looks very nice--did you take the header photo? Can't wait to read more:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I wondered if you might be first! I took the header photo five years ago. That is the Lake Superior shoreline near Muskellunge State Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought it looked familiar:-)) Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete